Saturday, December 16, 2006

"Ouch," cried Turner.

The title is a quote from Guthrie last night. He "pushed" Turner down (it was a rather gentle push, more of a "helping him into a sitting position"), and then made the above statement.

Made me wonder if he doesn't hear a few TOO many stories. I know that's not really possible, but the kid has suddenly been speaking as if the entire world is a giant storybook to be narrated.

Could quite likely be his newfound obsession with all things Thomas, and the way the Thomas movies (which we so kindly - or crazily - bought him to get him through his illness) are narrated, the characters themselves not speaking the words but instead George or Ringo (or whoever it is who does it on the videos we have) altering their voices and reading the storybook.

Anyway, it's cute as all hell, and had me cracking up for hours afterward - I just kept looking at Eric and saying " 'Ouch,' cried Turner" - but I don't know if it's really a good thing. He plays with his little trains and toys, and instead of just making them speak, he does the, " 'Hello,' said James, 'What are you doing Percy?'"

Cute kid. Weird kid.

"What do I do with him?" said his mother.

Oh, and I might add, that with this newfound Thomas obsession, not only is Eric's friend officially "George the Steamroller," and his friend Gordon a "talking train," but I am Mama the Tank Engine. We're all trains. I'm a steamie, Daddy and Guthrie are diesels. But Turner is just a boy. Shows what he thinks is important.

No comments: