Monday, December 04, 2006

Heifer International

Click the link in the title to check out this organization.

I'd never heard of this group before this holiday season, but apparently they got my name through some of my crazy liberal associations. I've been looking for ways to donate and try to do more than give some toys or a Christmas dinner, and this looks like it might be it. I can't do so much as to give a heifer this year, but maybe something smaller.

I was trying to explain this to Guthrie earlier, too. I've been trying to think of something to do for the wonderful lady who does story hour at the library, who used to be a teacher and I'm certain has entirely too many cheesy knick-knacks and thank you plaques sitting around her house. We were thinking of making a gift of a beehive, or some chicks, or maybe a trio of rabbits in her name, along with a tray of cookies. She strikes me as the type who would appreciate that more than another apple paperweight.

If you haven't decided on your holiday giving yet, go check it out. It really struck home with me.

No comments: