Friday, December 01, 2006

Holiday Meme

Got this in an e-mail from my friend Tonya. Now everyone knows I'm a big old scrooge around the holidays, and get annoyed hearing holiday music starting in October and seeing lights up before Thanksgiving, but I do like the holidays. Really I do. So here goes.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. I hate egg nog. Barf.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? As a kid I think ours were wrapped. Eric and I leave the gifts from Santa out under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. If we do lights this year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yeah, usually. Who doesn't want another excuse for a kiss.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Not until after Thanksgiving, but generally when we get around to it. Hopefully before the 25th. :P

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Pumpkin Pie Cake

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting my John Deere combine as a present.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 7. My parents told me, because they thought we were going to be poor that year and I wouldn't have presents and would figure it all out, so they told me first, in the summer. There's actually more to this, and the fact that this was one of the more traumatic moments of my life, but that needs its own post someday.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With whatever we have - no theme. Handmade construction paper ornaments, glass balls, whatever.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Eh ... I'd like one snow and that's it. Not going to happen in South Texas, though.

12. Can you ice skate? Yeah, right!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'll have to think about it. I got my engagement ring from Eric around Christmas time, I guess that counts.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spiked cider.

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? fudge is good

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around looking at lights.

17. What tops your tree? a star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, especially to the kids

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "God Rest Ye merry Gentlemen," and the tune of "What Child is This." I'll Be ome for Christmas always makes me cry, even if I am "home."

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? okay

21. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life - need to buy it on DVD.

No comments: