Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'd erase all of Turner's toys

We've been reading Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends, and Guthrie loved the poem about the child who uses his magic eraser to erase someone.

Just now, he came up to us in the kitchen, and said, "If my pencil that I bought had a magic eraser, I would use it to erase all of Turner's toys. Then he wouldn't have ANY toys to play with, and he would leave me alone."

I think the logic is faulty, but the sentiment is right.

Thank goodness there is no magic eraser, or brothers everywhere would instead erase each other.

2 comments:

photo_chiq said...

LOL... I might have erased some teachers and bosses along the way too! And how wonderful this world would be if you could simply erase all of the evil people! Or garbage people throw away, etc... I think this world might be a wonderful place but then again perhaps someone would have already erased me! LOL

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS as I LOVE shel (and seuss. and prelutsky.)----I, too, need one of them erasers :)

MizFit